Dr. John Koett and Dr. Megan Olson are a husband and wife team, committed to providing the highest quality of dental care, in a friendly and compassionate environment. They strive not only to provide excellent services in all fields of general dentistry, but also to teach preventative practices that will serve patients for a lifetime.
Dear Family, Friends, Current Patients and Prospective Patients,
We would like to welcome you and explain a little about our dental practice, our philosophy, and the type of environment we provide.We are a practice devoted to restoring and enhancing the natural beauty of your smile. We both believe in a conservative approach to dental treatment while maintaining the highest standards of care available today.
You, as our patients, are dynamic people with vibrant lives and we value that immensely. Our philosophy is one of comprehensive patient care. We will work with you to address your concerns and needs prior to deciding on a course of treatment that will provide you with best long-term oral health.We know that a visit to the dentist can make anyone uneasy, but we strive to change that perspective by creating a positive experience from the very beginning. We build our relationships with patients on a foundation of trust and will work individually to create a comfortable and relaxing environment. Our entire team is dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of personal service to make your visits as pleasant as possible.
We thank you for choosing us to take care of your dental needs and look forward to meeting you.
All our best, Dr. John Koett and Dr. Megan Olson
To all our patients, we hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. The County of San Diego’s Public Health Services has issued orders allowing dentists to resume providing all routine dental care including preventive care such as hygiene. We will be re-opening our practice on Monday May 18th with adherence to all recommended guidelines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked to fill out a form with those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We will be taking your temperature with a touchless thermometer when you enter the office.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• For the foreseeable future, we will ask that only the person scheduled for the appointment come into the office. We would appreciate it if caregivers could wait in the courtyard or in the car.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 760-753-6496.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
John Koett, Megan Olson, and CJ Small